Residential Upgrades - Rebates
- You, the consumer, arrange the purchase and or installation of the product.
- The product must be approved under VEU scheme (see below how to check)
- You collect the evidence required and signed forms and send to us
- We process the application and submit to the authority to generate VEECs (see below how to estimate the number of certificates and rebate amount)
- Once processed and registered, we send you cash benefit
For information on how to start the rebate claim process go to our Forms page
Please note if the upgrade involves replacing old equipment/products (as most of the activity's do) it is important to document the old product in place with photographs and closeups of any brand and model markings. After the installation, the old product/equipment must be permanently destroyed or rendered unusable (decommissioned). One of the conditions of receiving the rebate is that the old products can not be re-used. You will need to keep recycling receipt and/or photographic evidence of the method of decommissioning.
To check if the product is approved and how much rebate you can get
2. Select activity date = current or past date
3. Select Sector = Residential
4. Select activity from pull down list
Note: The screen will refresh with additional input fields specific for each activity.
5. Fill in all required fields.
Note: Product Brand and Product Model fields contain the list of approved products for the activity, so if you can't find your specific product on the list it means it is not approved and you can not claim rebate on it.
6. Press Calculate button at the boottom of the page
7. The screen will refresh and will have a number of "Eligible VEECs" (certificates)
8. Multiply the VEECs by current VEEC price ($35 - updated Jan 2021)